Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Progress

I have encountered some problems when importing into crysis from 3ds. When I export from 3ds to sandbox with no textures applied, I realised sandbox turns the objects into transparent items. To fix this we put barriers on the surfaces of the objects.



Making of the elevator was pretty easy following the tutorial. I decided that having a sliding door to open the elevator would be a good touch, so I found this tutorial on how to make sliding doors in sandbox and incorporated it with the elevator. The results were great. I then put sounds and triggers in for elevator, doors and switches.



Using the idea from the elevator tutorial we have decided to make the moving train in the underground the same way as we did on the elevators.

No comments:

Post a Comment