Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tech Test

First tech test: If design of form and complex structures can be created within Crysis.

Looking at the outer shell of the Hydropolis , it seems to be a very complex piece of Architecture. I felt this shape would be best represented in Generative components. The problem with creating the outer shell in GC was importing into sandbox to play on Crysis. I found out that GC exports to DWG which 3D studio Max could read. I then exported from 3DS to sandbox. Finding a way to export from 3ds to sandbox was easy. I found a YouTube site that showed me how to do it step by step after installing a file called SDK mod.

Step by Step tutorial for 3Ds to Sandbox


Shell in Generative Components

Shell as a DWG import into 3DS

Second tech test: Test the scale size of creating islands in Crysis and the structure.

This was a pretty simple test. I created a land mass and roughly compared it to the images we had of the Hydropolis. Using the Crysis character as a model I estimated the rough scale of the design, making sure it wasn’t too big or small.


Terrain screenshot


No comments:

Post a Comment